Fisher & Paykel Healthcare provides financial sponsorship of the Auckland-based Middlemore Foundation, Auckland City Hospital, and the Intensive Care Foundation in Australia. Each year, we employ a large number of university students at our New Zealand manufacturing and R&D site.
We run a comprehensive programme of educational events, where we visit local schools and universities to discuss career pathways in STEM*. We also sponsor a range of events and organisations in the science and engineering fields. These have included ‘She Sharp’, which encourages women to take up careers in ICT and other tech-related fields, ‘Future in Tech’, where we provide ambassadors to help run visits to local schools to talk about STEM careers, and ‘South Sci’, mentoring of students undertaking scientific projects in local schools.
We are listed on the New Zealand and Australian stock exchanges. We value the support and confidence of our shareholders and our Board seeks to achieve the highest standards of corporate governance and investor relations best practice. We return a large proportion of our profit to shareholders as dividends.
The company has also established a dedicated corporate social responsibility (CSR) group, which promotes and assists in the coordination of CSR initiatives across the company.
Clinical studies are an important element in building confidence in the efficacy of our products, particularly in new clinical settings. We support clinical research that validates improvements in patient outcomes that our products can deliver, and we work closely with clinicians and healthcare organisations to support these studies and identify ways in which our products can help them provide better healthcare solutions.
*STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Memberships of associations
- Business New Zealand
- American Chamber of Commerce
- Latin America New Zealand Business Council
- Medical Technology Association New Zealand
- Australasian Investor Relations Association
- Employers and Manufacturers Association
- Diversity Works
- Sustainable Business Network
- Sleep Health Foundation
- Australasian Sleep Association
- Corporate members of the Australian College of Critical Care Nurses
- Colorectal Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Guangdong Investment Promotion Association in China
- Taipei Medical Instruments Commercial Association
- Japan Association of Medical Devices Industries
- The Japan Fair Trade Council of the Medical Devices Industry
- Japan Association of Health Industry Distributors
- Association for Anaesthetic and Respiratory Device Suppliers
- American Association of Respiratory Care
- National Association for Medical Direction of Respiratory Care
- American Association of Homecare
- International Organisation for Standardisation /Technical Committee 121
- International Electrotechnical Commission /Technical Committee 62