Auckland, New Zealand, 20 August 2014 - Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation Limited (NZSX:FPH, ASX:FPH) advises that all resolutions put to the company’s annual shareholders’ meeting held in Auckland today were passed.
The six resolutions were:
- Resolution 1: To re-elect Tony Carter as a Director.
- Resolution 2: To re-elect Lindsay Gillanders as a Director.
- Resolution 3: To authorise the Directors to fix the fees and expenses of the Company’s auditor.
- Resolution 4: To approve the increase of the maximum aggregate amount of remuneration payable by the Company to non-executive Directors (in their capacity as Directors) by NZ$150,000 from NZ$800,000 per annum to NZ$950,000 per annum with effect from 1 April 2015.
- Resolution 5: To approve the issue of share rights to Michael Daniell as set out in the Notice of Annual Shareholders’ Meeting 2014.
- Resolution 6: To approve the issue of options to Michael Daniell as set out in the Notice of Annual Shareholders’ Meeting 2014.
All resolutions were decided by poll. The details of the total number of votes cast in person or by proxy on the polls were as follows:
Independence of Directors
||Total Votes Cast
|Resolution 1 Re-election of
|Resolution 2: Re-election of Lindsay Gillanders
|Resolution 3: Authorise Directors to fix fees and expenses of auditor
|Resolution 4: Directors’ remuneration
|Resolution 5: Issue of share rights to Michael Daniell
|Resolution 6: Issue of options to Michael Daniell
In accordance with NZX Listing Rule 3.3.3(a), the Board has determined that Tony Carter, Roger France, Lindsay Gillanders, Geraldine McBride, Arthur Morris and Donal O’Dwyer are independent directors.
The factors that the Board considers in assessing the independence of directors are set out in the Board Charter, which can be viewed on the company’s website: www.fphcare.com
Contact: Tony Barclay, Company Secretary on +64 9 574 0119. For more information about the company visit our website www.fphcare.com